Uti

How long does the pain last?

Lady317

Asked by Lady317 at 4:05 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• it depends how bad it is.. if it is up into your kidneys it sucks big time. if you get medication for the infection it lasts about 3 days until you feel better
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Thanks Zoejains Momma!!!
    Lady317

Comment by Lady317 (original poster) at 4:13 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Ive been on antibiotics for three days now and I'm still having pain. I called the dr she told me that If I'm still having pain in the morning to call her. So it looks like I'll be calling. I've never had one before, I'm 26 and I just didn't know what was normal. The Doctor took a UA and told me that I did in fact have a uti but she didnt tell me the level of severity.
    Lady317

Comment by Lady317 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Take an OTC NSIAD to help with the pain. But if you have pyelonephritis, then the infection has gone up into the kidney and that is definitely very painful. Get your UTI treated with oral antibiotics. Make sure to take probiotics or eat yogurt to replace good bacteria while on the antibiotic. To prevent the UTI, drink Cranberry Juice (not cocktail), plenty of water and stay away from pop.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 4:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Thanks RNMomO3:::: I'm on ciproflexion 2x daily. I have been drinking water and plain cranberry juice for 4 days now. After the first 12 hours I had huge relief but now two days from then it's almost like I've regressed. Im back to hurting while riding in the car and sitting also i have noticed I'm back to peeing 9 times in a 4 hour period. Also I am having a new issue, the lower half of my back is bothering me. i know that's not a good sign. I had this infection for probably 8+ days. 5 days I had no idea anything was wrong, then three days of excruciating pain, which prompted me to go to the dr. So Can I stay on the antibiotics even ifit's gone into my kidneys or do I need a stronger antibiotic seeing as how this one seemed to stop working as of today. NOTE: I am taking the antibiotic the same time every day and have not missed on dose.
    Lady317

Comment by Lady317 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on May. 5, 2011