Kinda worried about the due date they gave me Updated

My periods are not 28 days they never have been. Last time I was pregnant all my ultrasounds dated me a week younger then my due date so technically he was a big 37 weeks and 4 days instead of an average 38 and 4 days if you go by the ultrasounds, oh well no issues at all except a little skinny for his height.
This time my periods were every 23-25 days so I guess what I'm concerned about is them teling me that I'm 36 weeks(ie technically premature) when I'm really 37 weeks again and I really don't want history of premature labor in my chart if it doesn't have to be.

If you had kind of the weird ultrasound dates and or shorter/longer periods did your doctor listen to you and correct your due date or did they just go with the LMP like mine? I have to get a different doctor this time so is there a way to tell the new doc that my about this difference in dates or do you just kind of have to deal with it?

Update: Ok long story short I already have a hard time finding a doctor on our plan because of previous multiple micarriage,previous twin loss,previous c-section and now a possible previa. I DON"T NEED ANY MORE THINGS ON MY RECORDS MAKING IT HARD TO FIND A DOCTOR.  I'm already down to like 12 out of 60 on the HMO and it's the baby season here so they fill up fast. I'm almost down to just the guy who had his liscence suspended 10 years ago. 

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 4:05 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• we went by ultrasound and what we were measuring because DD was so tiny up until the end (6.5 lbs at birth)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I go by neither. I don't let the doctor rule me by his perceived EDD. I let baby decide...but, I also know when I ovulate, so..I go by what I KNOW. And work from there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry, I'm confused, how would you know you were a week further along? Some women deliver late/early, and of course babies are all different sizes.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My first OB went by LMP only

My new OB, I was 35+ and got an early ultrasound. He went with the dates from that (when it's early, apparently it's quite accurate).

My SIL, with 10 kids, adjusts for period length.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Does it really matter if "history of premature labor" goes on your chart? Am I missing something?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Y'all do know that LMP and U/S's aren't real accurate right? And that if you keep up with your cycle and CM, you know when you ovulate and can figure your DD far more accurately.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• @ SWasson Why wouldn't it matter? it changes how they handle future pregnancies and to a certain extent it will effect the babies medical records.
    @ yesmaam All three ultrasounds were a week behind that's how I know. I also keep tract of my ovulation which helps you to know for sure.
    @Bradenismyson While yes I agree with you that the baby comes when they come and I also know when I ovulated which helps. But when you work with the medical system you play by their rules and there's no getting around it.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• 38 weeks is full term, before that is a late term preemie.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:50 PM on May. 5, 2011