wrong due date!

hey ladies...happy holidays. So i went for my monthly checkup today, thought i was due on April 2nd and i was 23 weeks. Well...was i wrong...i am due on March 25th and i am 24 weeks. They said that b/c i was on birth control for so long, they cannot go by my last missed period....they have to go by the baby's size from my ultrasound....anyone else ever had this or heard of it??

kayteee25

Asked by kayteee25 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• All due dates are estimated. Plus it's only a week. Mine has changed from the 20th, to the 23rd, to the 1st of Feb, and now it's the 27th. I've just come to terms that she will be here sometime between the 20th and the 1st, lol.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My first came 2 weeks early according to my calendar but 4 weeks early according to the doctor's calculation based on size.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I wouldn't put too much thought into that. The baby may have had a growth spurt, or they could have been off on their measurements. Either way, the dates are too far off from each other. I wish doctors wouldn't give due dates and that they would just give a "due month". Just be careful. Since they moved your dates up in your records, you may be pressured into inducing before you really "need" to, or before the baby is ready.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 9:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well my due date was actually 2 weeks earlier than they thought so it's happened to me. Even after they changed my due date I still had him 2 weeks earlier than that.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes i was given the DD of june 23rd then july 3rd they say your 12 week u/s is the best to determine DD, any time after may not be as accurate do to growth and development. the baby will come when it comes. i had mine on july 17th so both dates were wrong
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• your situation is common. i went from april 3rd to april 14th. It will probably be in the middle of your given dates
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh my they changed mine 2 different times. Not by much, but still. First it was July 4, then July 6th, then finally July 5th LOL He came (not on his own) July 14th. I don't even know why a day even mattered
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 9:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh and he always measured 2 weeks a head.
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 9:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i was 6weeks but i went to my ultrusound yesterday turns out im only 4weeks and 3days
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2008