Humans ARE animals...DO you agree?

And...Just because we are animals, that does not imply we came from monkeys. Am I correct?

How would you even conclude that humans are not animals?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:10 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I agree that we are animals. We did not 'come from' monkeys so much as humans, apes, and monkeys share a common ancestor. We're all primates.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I think they cover that in 2nd grade. Possibly first. Either way, I know my son is already aware of it based on books he's had much longer than that. Unfortunately, there are parents out there who set out to tell their kids that what they learn in school is wrong. He had a field trip this year to a chocolate factory. Part of the tour was a film about the history of chocolate, including the original South American tribes that originally cultivated it. I watched a mother a few rows in front of us leaning down to tell her daughter how silly all the made up stories on the screen were, when they knew the truth (because the dates made it obvious the tribes were there longer ago than biblical history would allow).

People raised in those unfortunate circumstances are going to trust and believe what their parents teach them, no matter how inaccurate, unless they take it upon themselves to explore further.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes. We are all mammals, too.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Some lady commented on another post that "Only animals do that". I commented that we ARE animals. And she relied, "Only if we came from monkeys, which we don't."
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes I agree we are animals, mammals, but not from monkeys.  Maybe the lady didn't mean for her comment to be taken literally.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:32 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yup... we are animals...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We are animals, we are mammals, and YES we share a common primate ancestor with our primate cousins such as Chimpanzees and Apes. It helps to know WHAT is actually being stated before one tries to discredit it and winds up looking like an idiot i nthe process. (And no this is not directed at anyone just a general thought)

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yep.

tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes, absolutely we are animals. If it weren't for the ease of buying our meat in the grocery store....we'd still be out there in the wild hunting our food like all the other animals.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes, we are animals. More highly evolved, sure, but we still are what we are. Though I don't think that implies we came "from" monkeys. Such statements seem to misunderstand the theory of evolution.....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2011