Have you ever been so ANGRY...

that you had to leave the house to cool down? I was so angry last night at my dd that I had to tell my husband to deal with it and I went for a nice long walk to cool down. Good thing I did too...because once I cooled down I was ready to listen to her explaination....and not beat her...(No I don't beat my child....hence the walk)

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 4:18 PM on May. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, I get that angry, at the kids and dh and that insanely slow driver infront of me!!!!
    Good for you walking away, it's important that we recognise that adults may need breaks too.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My baby isn't born yet, but I've been that mad at my hubby before! I am glad you were able to go take a walk :)
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 4:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yup certainly have =) lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• no one's perfect.. :) glad you went on the walk!
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 4:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes I have. If I can't go outside, I go to my room and SO will keep the kids away until the storm passes!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• LOL yep, and that's why we walk away...
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yep! Thats when she has time out away from me and I go sit outside for a few minutes on my own personal timeout
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:26 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't have the luxury of getting out and walking when I'm pissed (because my hub works afternoons/evenings). So what do I do? I lock myself either in my room or the computer room and tell the kids to LEAVE ME ALONE. I don't like myself when I get that angry, and I need them to go away and let me calm down before dealing with whatever it was.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes! So far only at my husband though
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:32 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes.. !!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:32 PM on May. 5, 2011