What do you store coffee beans in?

This is ridiculous - so thanks for answering :) I love french press, but hate opening up 2 bags of coffee (reg and decaf - I mix them 1/2 and 1/2 before grinding), but am too braindead to figure out what a good storage container would be for some of the beans premixed so it's easier in the morning. If you grind your own beans, what do you store the beans in? Thanks for helping me :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I store mine in the bags they come in, on the shelf in a dry cupboard. Just don't store them in the fridge! That is a myth. I stored them in the fridge for a long time till I realized it destroys the flavor.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 4:35 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I buy a normal coffee can and when that is empty i store a special mix in it.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:35 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have a FoodSaver vacuum sealer. I keep my coffee/beans in one of the vacuum seal canisters. That way, I can vacuum seal it after each use to keep it fresh as the day I bought it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I figured something out!! haha. I took 2 different big mason jars with the white freezer lids and put "decaf" on one and "reg" on the other and filled them with beans ... that way I can make a custom blend each moring/afternoon depending on my caffeinne needs :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I put in a freezer bag and keep in freezer.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:04 PM on May. 5, 2011