What are the signs of a prodigy in infants?

My son is very intelligent, he started sitting up at 3 1/2 months, held his own bottle at 4 months, started crawling at 4 1/2 months, started pulling himself up all the way to the coffee table at 6 months, there is so many more things he did early. Everyone who sees him always say wow he's so alert. My Doctor even said he was amazing like a prodigy! So I just wanted to know what the signs were?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the same. He has been very alert since day one and I am always told that by everyone that meets him. He hits all of his milestones very early. At 9 1/2 months he is already walking like he has always done it. He is very smart and always sits back and soaks in his surroundings, then dives in. Sounds like we all have smart active babies. I would say it is far too soon to label a prodigy. You never know though, you might have one on your hands! Look out, walking is right around the corner! Enjoy every moment, proud mama!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My dd did all those things too at those same ages, and I don't think she's a prodigy. Smart yes, prodigy, I doubt it. Some babies just do things earlier, and some of it has to do with strength, not intelligence. I'm not doubting your babies intelligence, just don't get all excited over things that are perfectly normal.
    Anonymous

• When they crawl up to the piano and start playing Bach or Beethoven then you know you have a prodigy. If it's Mozart then they only have a touch of genius.

Anonymous

• my baby is only 4.5 months old and has done alot including talking and sitting and rolling and standing and crawling only time will tell what else she will do early. my DD's dr saids things like that to be nice i'm sure...
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008