3 year old throwing tantrums

I know it's normal and they do it all the time, I can live with that, What do you do when they do this though. I will make my daughter goto her room, but than she starts kicking the door and screaming. I ignore it until she stops for a while than let her come out. ShouldI go in and spank her, take privleges away? if so how long... Advice please.

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 4:44 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try ignoring her... And I mean absolutely NO reaction whatsoever!!! If you don't react, she'll get tired of her own fit. Let me warn you, though... She WILL try to get your attention before she gives up. Once she's given up, feel free to acknowledge her presence again. I was amazed when I tried it! Good luck! :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I take away privilages at that point. He can not kick his wall or door to throw his toys.. ugh.. So hard... iF she doesn' t stop, I'd make her sit in the middle of the room on a chair and keep putting her on there- I heard that idea and liked it however I need him away from me if he is that upset or I get too upset. Good luck..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Time out is 1 minute per year. I dont believe in spanking and have always used other methods. You can redirect her attention to something else, you can change her scenery by taking her for a walk or a drive, things like that. They have short attention spans so when you redirect or change what they are doing it usually works.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on May. 5, 2011