Would you take your baby with out socks in hot weather?

I live in Sacramento and it gets HOT! I always have something one my kids feet but today it is 85 degrees and my husband keeps telling me it is not the end of the world if our 6 month old does not have socks on. Maybe I am just to concerned with appearances. Growing up my mom used to ALWAYS dress up nice when ever we left the house. What do you think? He will still be in a cute outfit!! 

I waer flip flops year round so I guess  will get him some sandals soon but for now he is going barefooted!

Oh I have had a rude comment from a person when I took my first son out with No socks in the summer when he was a baby.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 4:45 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I see no need for a baby to wear sock or shoes, he is not walking yet and it's hot. I don't care what other people have to say. If you are hot so will the baby.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• At 85 degrees, there's no reason for socks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:47 PM on May. 5, 2011

• What on earth is wrong with bare baby feet? Baby feet are so darned cute!! I've NEVER thought anything bad towards bare baby feet in the summer. Maybe you can compromise? Buy some cute sandals?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:47 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My DD would take her socks off and eat them at that age so her having socks on was amazing. If it is hot out don't sweat it if the little guy doesnt wear them
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I take mine out all the time without socks. Little barefeet are cute! I don't even wear shoes when it's hot - I wear flip flops.

Answer by missanc at 4:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• lack of socks in a carrier do not bother me as much as lack of clothes!! I hate seeing the Wal-Mart just a diaper and bare foot baby. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on May. 5, 2011

• its to hot i think, dont make him be uncomfortable!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 4:47 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Im in so cal and my babies when barefoot ALL the time.
    Anonymous

• We dont do socks when its hot and I am weird about clothes myself. My kids always have to wear name brand, and match. So instead of socks and shoes we go with a nice pair of leather sandals or even flip flops when its hot.

Answer by gemgem at 4:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• TAKE THAT BABIES SOCKS OFF!!!!! Who cares what other people think....
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 4:50 PM on May. 5, 2011