My sister's kid is pregnant and she doesn't know.

I really want to tell her. I am horrible with secrets. I am not supposed to know. The kid is 15.

What would you do?

nonni2

Asked by nonni2 at 4:52 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I am with Tracylynn on this one! My sister and I would probably kill each other if one kept that kind of secret from the other. I think giving her until the weekend would be fair enough!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:42 PM on May. 5, 2011

• A fifteen year old is a child and the parent NEEDS to know when their child is having a life altering problem.
    Anonymous

• If she told you in secret Id honor that. You can always help her and make sure she goes to the doctor and quietly encourage her to tell your sister. Offer to be with her when she does.

Answer by gemgem at 4:53 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You really ought to tell her mom! Ugh I know it would be a horrible situation to be in, but you need to! If you keep it from her and then your sister finds out you know I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over too well. You may love your niece but think about the baby and it's safety. Tell your sister so she can help her get the health care she needs and the support!!!! It's going to suck but I think you really should call her up and tell her. This is much more than a secret, this is another life we are talking about! Besides your niece will get over it eventually but your sister may not ever get over you keeping this from her. think about that? Well good luck in whatever you decide to do!!!
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 4:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would tell the girl she has until ___ date to tell her mom or you will be doing so for her. It is for her own well being that her parents know. She needs support as well as getting into a doctor. You can offer to go with her but her parents need to know. I agree you should not just blatantly go against her trust, that is why I suggested a date so she has time to do it on her own. Make sure she knows whatever happens you will be there for her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I think you need to make your niece tell your sister on her own. I don't think it will help matters at all by you telling but her but I think you need to stress upon your niece the health implications if her mother doesn't know and the fact that as she is a minor it is her mother's business.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 4:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• How would you feel if YOUR child was pregnant and someone knew but didn't tell you?
    the sooner the girl gets medical attention the better at that young age. Tell her and let them make sure that innocent life is taken care of asap!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• do what you think is really right. IF it were ME. I would tell my niece that I had to tell my sister because its the right thing to do. I would have a conversation with my niece about how to confront her mom and maybe be with her when she does it
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No, don't tell. She will find out soon enough!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:53 PM on May. 5, 2011

• tell her. how did you come about the information though? just curious. it may change my answer.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:54 PM on May. 5, 2011