Do u ever just feel like your husbands job is driving your marriage apart?

Lately i feel like my husbands job is always getting in the way of our marriage and i feel like we are drifting apart, his job makes him work weekends he works everyday during the week and i just feel like im alone. I use to work but since being preg i got let go so now im just waiting till by baby comes in july so i stay home and i am alone all day everyday. I am feeling depressed and i look forward to seeing my husband when he has days off but he freaking job makes him work weekends more and more and i feel like giving up on alot of things. Im a very strong wife and person but let down after let down after let down what can i do to keep myself going ? i need help maybe someone to talk to i just am loosing all faith .

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:04 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• You can talk to me! I totally feel the same way alot of times, My husband travels for work and is gone for Months at a time. For me it was different when he was in the military i didnt mind then, But now i do . Its frustrating. GOod luck momma, I hope ya find the happiness you are seeking.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My hubby works 7 days a week most of the time too. It is stressful on a marriage especially with kids>Hopefully one day the work week will change to a normal one.
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 5:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My husband works 60 hours a week and sometimes has to work 12 hrs a day on weekends too. I dont feel at all alone and I am super super grateful he has a job since I know so many in this country dont. I know during my pregnancies I was alot more needy and maybe that is coming into play for you too. It isnt anything to be ashamed of, we just get hormonal and emotional. Try and get out and do something while hes at work and try and enjoy this alone time. When July comes you will be missing it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yes yes yes
    samanconnor

Answer by samanconnor at 5:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My husband also weeks 6 to 7 days a week 10 hr or 11 hr shifts and im always alone at first i didnt like it and we would always fight about it but now i know he needs to work those hours for our kids especially the on the way i have a 2 year little girl and im pregnant so i never feel alone since i have my daughter with me to play with and talk to if this is your first child you wont feel lonely after you have him or her cus you'll be busy all the time i hope it gets better for you :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 5:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would try to turn your perspective around to focus on the fact that he is willing to work those long hours and days for your family. It is hard to be a young family and start out...my dad used to tell us that all the time. I watched my father work 2 jobs when I was young so that we could have a nice home, vacations, education funds, sports, etc. Before we had kids (my LP and I both), and even afterward, he would tell us all the time that we could not afford to turn down work, that having that work ethic built character and was necessary in building a stable financial future. I definitely think it is true and that you should try to focus on being grateful to have someone who thinks like that (hopefully) and will do what it takes to provide a good life. Chances are, he doesn't like the fact that he never has a day off and spends his time working, but knows it has to be done. Try not to take offense to it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:48 PM on May. 5, 2011