Anybody here dealt with CPS because of a family member?

I got my baby back from CPS on April 22nd after 62 days (yes, short compared to normal) for "coaching" from my parents... should I put restraining orders on them (what dh wants to do)? Just not have any contact with them or ignore this like it never happened?

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 5:04 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Restraining orders and make a criminal complaint for harassment.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I dont know if you legally can get a restraining order. I tried to when my ex called on me. He called like 5 times and I was told he legally did nothing wrong since I couldnt prove he didnt do it out of true concern. But if it were my parents well Id move, change my phone number and write them off.

Answer by gemgem at 5:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Distance yourself from them. Move if you can, Restraining orders and make a criminal complaint for harassment.
    amazinggrace83

Sorry I don't know how to do a quote.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i agree. if it wasnt a legitimate reason.... get rid of em. they obviously want to make problems for your family. some ppl are like that. but ask yourself if you were in the same spot would you have done it too? if they were truely concerned for your child you can find a way to forgive them..it was a concerned grandparent.
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 7:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I definitely would pursue harassment charges, slander, whatever the court will take. That is two months away from your child and emotional hell. If you can prove that it was false and unfounded and you suffered real consequences (meaning time away from your child, disruption from work, etc) from their actions, I would pursue it to the max. I would actually go get a consultation from a lawyer and see what they think would be the best route.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:42 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't understand what you mean by "coaching". How do you know it was them?
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:52 PM on May. 5, 2011