I think my nose piercing is infected, what should i do?

I'm probably going to go back to where I got it pierced since I"ll be in that area tomorrow but for now, to ease my mind... heres the story

i got it pierced a month ago, and got it switched to a ring on monday  by the guy that pierced it, and he gave me the ring. its painful to move and it has had a little bit of blood just on the outside of the hole. (and crusties) i haven't noticed any puss though.

i've been using the sterial saline eye drops the piercer told me to get.
they said NOT to use neosporen

could it just been irritated from the ring?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:21 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried soaking it with warm water and sea salt? Use a small cup like the rinse cups they sell for bathrooms. Put a teaspoon or a little more into the cup and fill it with warm water. Place the infected area into the water for about 5 minutes. This will create a sort of suction that can help to draw out any infection.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• if in doubt, replace it with the original piercing you had in there in the first place. your skin might be reacting to the kind of metal you put in there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It could be from the ring, that still happens to me if I don't get the gold plated nose rings. The crusties are really just from the peircing trying to heal but watch for puss and rinse it regularly. It could easily be infected and part of the reason it's sore.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't have the original :/ I'll probably try and buy a new ring soon if thats the case :/
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 5:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Obviously you are mistaken anon. This isn't a cookie cutter world. Mother come in all shapes, sizes, and styles. Sorry to have to break that to you.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I just used antibacterial soap on my nose for serval weeks. That might help. It will certainly dry out the area.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2011