Should we have to cook seven days a week for our spouse?

shouldn't we get a break

grammadeb3

Asked by grammadeb3 at 5:24 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• LOL!!! who's this 'we'??

shouldn't our spouse cook for us??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I cook for my DH on the days he works and he cooks on his days off. I also take breaks on his days off.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Don't you know how to "meal stack"? You can cook several meals at one time if you plan ahead. That's what I do, and I have a home-cooked meal every night, but I don't have to cook every day!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• That is between you and your spouse.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 5:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i am very lucky in this department not only do i not have to cook every night he is a pretty darn good cook!! he is in fact making homemade enchiladas tonight for cinco de mayo!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Cooking is just ONE of many responsibilities in a house. We don't really care who cooks so long as the division of ALL the responsibilities feels fair.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 5:53 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Actually, I think they ought to take us out  as  often as budget will allow and also do some of the cooking,  HA!

Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Nope ! Monday through Friday is enough :+)
    RaggedyAnne

Answer by RaggedyAnne at 8:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I cook all the meals, I am the stay at home mom and he busts his butt to provide an income. He comes home so worn out that I feel kinda bad for him and don't mind making sure he and the kids have a good balanced dinner . We live in a rural area where ordering out or eating out is not an option
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I enjoy cooking very much. I love knowing that I am feeding my family fresh veggies and I absolutely adore that they aren't getting pre processed boxed junk.

My husband does cook as well. He was raised by his German grandparents who taught him how to make potato dumplings, pies, peirogie and all kinds of other amazing food. If I don't feel like cooking, I don't have to.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 8:58 AM on May. 6, 2011