How many baby showers did you have for one child?

My MIL and my step mom are both throwing me a baby shower separate. I feel selfish for having 2.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 5:28 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• don't...

i just get upset when people throw baby shower after baby to get "new" stuff even though they already have a ton..
    thats selfish.
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 5:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If they don't get along or live in different areas, people will understand. Don't sweat it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• hahah dont feel bad at all i would have 10 if i could lol....the more showers the cheaper the first month is on the mommy and daddy and after 9 months and many months trying for some we deserve A LOT more!!!
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 5:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had 3 for my first - one from my church, one from work, and one from my husband's work.

Answer by missanc at 8:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I am in the same situation pretty much. i dont feel selfish at all. we have very little money to get anything. im 35 weeks along and still have nothing. this is my second daughter and i gave my daughters stuff to my sister and now im stuck with nothing at all. so im having to because we need everything.
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 8:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm only having one, but thats because its going to be HUGE, both sides of my family are going. If it didn't look odd inviting the same people twice, I'd have 2 baby showers. You're going to need as much help as possible, thats why baby showers exisit, to help mothers prepare for the baby. Don't feel selfish about it, its not really for you anyway, its for a baby, and everyone loves babies!
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:55 AM on May. 6, 2011

• just 1 but thats sweet u need alot of stuff 4 baby
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:05 PM on May. 6, 2011