My son is 3 years old and just had his adnoids n tonsils removed and since

hes been home he doesnt want to drink just very very little.can any mom help enlighten this situation??what should i expect??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Anon - Usually tonsils are removed because they are obstructing air from getting in. That could cause developmental and physical delay. I would rather my child be able to breathe then have a child who is unable to function, but has tonsils.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Try to get him to eat frozen juice bars. It's soothing and provides liquid at the same time.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My twin boys had to have their tonsils & adnoids removed at 2-1/2. They were so enlarged that their throats would close up at night & stop their breathing. It was a scary time for them & for me! But, the frozen juice bars worked great for them. You could also try Pediapops by Pedialite.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• OP, was the surgery today?
    ImaginationMama

• First of all i know why my son had them removed i didnt ask the question to be bashed or be told what stupid mom number one answer was,i came here fr support..cafe mom has some lame moms here with no life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bitches!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If he is sipping, hydration is the most important thing for now (assuming that his surgery was today). If he likes shakes, smoothies, or something else liquidy, that would be easy for him to sip.

If he is hungry, try some applesauce, jello ( but steer clear of red and orange stuff). Anything soft and easy.

As long as he is peeing, then you know he is getting enough hydration . . he may not feel like the food stuff for a while.

If he got a coblation tonsillectomy, then he should be feeling better pretty soon.

If you still can't get any food in him tomorrow, then call the ENT and ask what to do.

I hope your little guy feel better soon.

Hugs.

Disregard anon . . . I have a feeling he/she just isn't up-to-speed with tonsillectomy based on medical necessity. Some people still think they are removed for no reason, and that just is not the case anymore.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:07 PM on May. 5, 2011