How to cope with not having Daughter in Care?

I'm in a pretty shitty situation. I was to have full custody of my daughter this month. I was too extremely tired when parenting my daughter on weekly visits when she was on my place. It was because I was taking my Paxil ( Antidepressant), so I got off it. Then for two months I had the worst withdrawal symptoms in the world. I was really bitchy, had irrational thinking, and really tired. More or less I had a "mental health breakdown" from it. Now my Aunt ( who takes care of my daughter as a foster mom) wants a psychiatriatricassessment to see where my Mental Health is at.  I really do feel I'm better now with all of the withdrawing. What sucks now is it can take months for me to go the assessment. I did book a appointment a few weeks ago. Now I'm stuck with twice week supervised visits and only able to see Tina, my daughter at the daycare. Which is still good. But how can I now be in the role to be a Mother to my daughter if I can't bathe, cook for her, and care for her like a REAL Mom. It's only until I get that assessment I can have unsupervised and supervised visits again and to be in my arms soon at home. I did go on Paxil because I had really serve anxiety a couple yrs ago. I do feel I can function just without it now. I just need on paper from Professionals I'm fine. I just feel really sad because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• You're doing what you need to do to be a good Mom. You have to figure out if you need the meds or not, and if you do you have to figure out what is the best so you can function. and if you don't, then you just have to get to that place where everyone else agrees. Just keep working hard and seeing her as much as possible. I know its hard, I've battled anxiety and depression for a long time but just think of your daughter. When youre said just think about how hard youre working to get her back. Cooperate with what your Aunt wants, because she will go easier on the whole situation if she feels like youre cooperating. Keep trying to get an assesment asap, like keep checking around to see if appointments open up so you can get in sooner. You're being a good Mom to your daughter by doing these things so she has a great place to be when she gets back to you. its all you can do at this point so keep pushing foward.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Aww thanks so much for the encourgament :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Have you thought about talking to your Aunt and seeing if she would let you come over a couple hours a week so you can prove to her that you are better now? Still do the evaluation but see if she will let you show her how far you have come. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2011