Can I be REALLY nosey?? LOL

How much do you spend on groceries weekly?
How many people are you feeding?
What are their ages?
The reason for so many questions is that I am going to actually TRY to start a real budget. And I want to compare numbers Usually I spend $700 in groceries {food only} but then I run back and forth to the store for extras that I do not keep a tally on so I really have no Idea exactly how much I am spending. My husband is FREAKING on the amount of money I spend so I guess I have to tone it down... But really I dont see how I can. I spend less than $200 a week and I am feeding 6 people. My kids are 11, 7, 5 and 10 months.

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:01 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I spend about $150 weekly. We do not eat all organic but a lot of fresh veggies and fruits. I try to avoid boxed items and buy all things and make from scratch. I meal plan according to what is on sale. The same things with meat if I find the right priced thing then I will stock up on it and freeze quite a bit. We do not snack. Drinks are mostly water and milk. I just send my husband to the store with the flyer and the things circled that I wanted him to pick up. Also with meets I buy bulk and break it up for freezing. There are five of us and we eat well. Things like potatoes and starches are cheap but we only try to eat them about once a week or so. The same thing with pastas they are cheap but not really that great for you. We hardly ever by anything frozen, usually they are quite expensive.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:11 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We spend $150 a week for us 3
    unless you're eating ramen,I don't see how you're going to reduce it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I spend about 150-175 every 2 weeks, I am feeding 5 people, and the kids agaes are 6, almost 2, and 5 months.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 6:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• ugh.. there are 3 of us and I know its over $500 - we try organic and hormone free as much as we can which is why its so crazy high plus my son is lactose intolerant so those replacements are expensive.. and then I do the same,. running in between to get this or that. I wish I could learn to budget too!!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• 3 people..usually 50-80 dollars a wk groceries (including soap, tp, etc...some of the time too..we are not always buying that stuff weekly)...i can often stretch our stuff into the next week.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• See now I need to show him this!! I could be spending more.. Right maxsmom??? =) 3 of my kids are also lactose intolerant and I definately know hoe expensive that replacement is.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 6:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh and we are a family of 5 and the little ones are 6, 4 and 3.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• we get by eating so cheap i guess because i pack my son's lunch 5 days a wk..we arent home either for breakfast or lunch. so its just dinner i have to buy..and some snacks. i'm actually trying to lower ours.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Well I guess it's going to go through the roof when my older 3 kids are home from school for the summer!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I feed three people and i spend about 150 every two weeks
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 6:17 PM on May. 5, 2011