Is there any way to get rid of cystic acne without having to use antibiotics?

I've started getting cystic acne over the past couple of months, and have researched it, and I really don't feel great about having to use antibiotics to get rid of it, and keep using them every time they flair up. I would say it's mild cystic acne, not large, but it is scarring my face and I want it gone.

(I am currently using Proactiv with little improvement if that. Proactiv seems to work on my regular acne papules, but not the cystic I have been getting).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• Anyone???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• See an allergist. Acne is often caused by undiagnosed food sensitivities. I never had acne until my 30's. When I went gluten free, my acne vanished too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• the ones I had were on my back and my god the miracle of tanning for a couple of weeks, but I guess I traded 1 bad thing for another...
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Mine cleared up when I started taking Biotin, though it does make some people break out worse. I've read that taking Zinc is a good alternative to the anitbiotics...though it seems to be hit or miss. Works for some, not for others.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:22 PM on May. 5, 2011