Birthday cake...

Okay, my daughter's birthday party is in a couple of days, so of course we've already ordered the cake... But I was wondering how many of you get a traditional cake, and how many opt for a cupcake cake?

CeeCee333

Asked by CeeCee333 at 6:14 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've never ordered a cupcake cake, but love the idea of it, especially for little ones.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I make the cakes- my kids like me to do it instead of buying one Because i cut them into shapes and whatnot)...but there have been a couple of times we bought a cake- just a sheetcake
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've never ordered a cake for my daughter. I made cupcakes for her first birthday and a cake for her second.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 6:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i've done both..but i usually make/decorate my own. his 1st was a cupcake-bear cake. it was more work than i thought, but fun!
    2nd- mickeymouse clubhouse..totally walmarted that time.
    3rd- disney cars...very detailed with icing colors, a big 'mold' mountain with ''RS'' carved on it, and used plastic cars/characters, which became his toys, too.
    4th- little einsteins, complete with rocket and figures. i made rocket by using a football-cake pan, and shaving it to shape like LE-Rocket, and used 'little debbie cake rolls' for the rocket boosters..it was soooo cute!!!! i sat rocket atop a 10''x10'' sheet cake, that i spray painted to look like the sky/clouds, and scripted the lyrics to the theme song around the sides of the cake.
    5th- planet51 alien cupcakes..all light green, cake/icing..green apple sour straws for antennas..easy, simple.
    6th- ..luckily, he just requested confetti cupcakes w/yellow ''like Saturn'' icing.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've usually gotten a sheetcake but I would love to try a cupcake cake tho for my son's 2nd birthday
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've only gotten a traditional cake so far but a cupcake cake sounds like alot of fun...might do that next time
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Ive always gone traditional before but this yaer i want to do cupcakes for my 4 yr old to be
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 7:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We have always made our birthday cakes! I don't think I have ever had a cupcake cake!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:15 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i always do a traditional cake, but for my wedding 4 months ago we did cupcakes
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:06 PM on May. 6, 2011