My boss is really mad about my Dr. appts...

I'm 10 wks prego on Monday so I have a Dr. appt. We are closed on Fridays but the office said with your 10 week appt it has to be on a Monday or Tues cause they do a lot of testing and stuff. Anyways... I told my boss that I have a Dr. appt for my 10 wk check up on Monday so he knows. He pulle dme into his office and said not to tell him when I have Dr appts to ask. I never said it rude, he hates not being in control of everything, so I told him I was sorry if it was taken the wrong way but I didn't mean it rude and I tried to appt on a Friday but then told me with the 10 wk appts they can only do M or T. HTen he said well when you go I need to know how many Dr. appt you will have and when so I know when you will not be here ( he doesn't understand that I have no idea and it depends on my pregnancy) Then he said so how long are you taking off when you have the baby. Geez... first off i'm only 10 wks along second no one knows until they give birth if it's a normal birth or c-section or whatever, I cannot tell the future. And he is being really mean about it I wanted to cry. What do I do or say to get the point accross in a nice way I guess??? Thx

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 6:15 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that's called life hun. not everyone is nice. you can't be so sensitive. you just need to go with it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• WHat a jerk! Does your boss have a boss? Because I would go higher then him and disc9u9+ss his attitude problem. lol Im 6 weeks pregnant and i had to leave work early today for an appt and my boss was just fine. But since my boss is a woman maybe thats the difference. Idk .GL :)
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Just remain professional. Give him facts and ...please do not get emotional or cry. That is the worst thing you can do with a boss like him.Or any boss. Remaining calm and not letting people get to you is really important Maybe you could ask your Doctor to explain your appointments in a note for your boss? Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Call human resources. They will explain to him that his behavior about this is not acceptable. You don't have to do anything about him, just call human resources and talk to them about it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I guess... normally I'm not sensitive at all but today I'm not in the mood for that and am super tired. But yeah I deal with it but it gets to me sometimes
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 6:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I work in a Endodontic office her owns it and is the Dr. So cannot go above him at all. Maybe my Dr. writting a letter would be good. But it might make him more mad and he would say that he doesn't care what the other Dr. says this is his practice and he will do whatever.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 6:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would maybe send an email to him explaining everything to him. Then call your Dr's office in advance and see if they can right a letter or send and email explaining how important these appts are. He obviously doesn't have any children. Sorry he is being so rude!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Thank you..no one I work with has children so they don't understand
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 6:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree about the human resource and i am 6 weeks pregnant but my doctor wont see me until I'm 10 weeks I just let my boss know and we was fine with it, but then again he doesn't mind if we change the schedule as long as someone is here. . . .the doctor's note is also a great idea
    hughesgirl09

Answer by hughesgirl09 at 6:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Ass
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:28 PM on May. 5, 2011