You Tube sensation -Steve Simon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMLkr8r30Ew

How do you feel about this? He is a "you Tube" sensation now.

minnesotanice

Asked by minnesotanice at 6:16 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Thanks for posting that.  It's nice (and a very rare treat) to see a politician standing up for what's right, rather than taking the easy way out and remaining silent on the subject!

I don't believe in God and I strongly feel that church and state should remain clearly separate, so I can't say I was comfortable about how he made his point using "God" as its basis.  However, I also feel that equal rights and making gay marriage legal in our country is more important than my feelings about church/state separation. So, if this is the kind of message that will finally convince other law-makers to start working towards that goal, then I'm okay with that. 

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 7:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You need something to counteract someone like Michelle Bachmann.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 6:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Brave hero is right. I disagree with "God-given" only because I do not believe in God but I love his message.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 6:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• That was a fantastic speech and I'm not surprised that it's all over the web.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• 1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care, they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't yet. Shocker.

2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."

3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)

4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.

5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.

7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.

8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.

9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.

10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for
    autodidact

• I agree with him 100%. especially how we willmbe judged by the future generations about this issue and where we stand...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• believes everyone has to believe what he believes and think like he does.

this is ironic coming from the people who want to tell others they can't marry the person they love. who is telling you you must marry someone of your gender? 

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yourspecicial, are you kidding me? please tell me what jobs are being created in the GOP's current war on women?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• He's a smart cookie
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:18 AM on May. 6, 2011