This question is for moms who had repeated scheduled C-sections

So for any mommies who have had a second or even third c-section how early were they scheduled and was the second harder to recover from then the first?

krissii

Asked by krissii at 6:29 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had 2. The second is much easier than the first. A much faster recovery. They opened the same incision. I was up the next day with my second. Took a shower right away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had two, also. We set the date around the 8th month to deliver at 39 weeks. It was soooooo much better than my first. I was relaxed and knew exactly what to expect. I was up and walking about 5 hours after surgery, and the healing was soooo much quicker than number 1. (My first was emergency, though, after 11 hours of labor, so I was exhausted at the get-go)

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The 2nd was much easier. Maybe because I knew what to expect, but much easier than the 1st.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I haven't had any C-sections but my sister had 4, they usually scheduled hers a week before her actual due date and she said it was not harder to recover a second time she actually healed faster because she knew what she was doing.
    hughesgirl09

Answer by hughesgirl09 at 6:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had three--all scheduled at 39 weeks.

The second section was much eaiser to recover from than the first. The third was a cake walk. I was up and changing sheets on my bed the day after I came home and taking care of my then 5 and 3 year old. Third section was a breeze.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had 2 C-sec. one was not planned and the other was. With DD she was scheduled 3 days before her due date. I could have gone a week early or a week late if I wanted to. I had my reasons for my choice. The second c-sec was WAY easier to recover from for me because my body had not been through two days of unsuccessful labor and pushing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• my 2nd c-section was a breeze compared to my 1st c-section (which wasn't planned). the recovery process was also much smoother. i was up and about and feeling up to daily tasks within 1 week, whereas after my first i couldn't do a lot of things until the full 6 weeks had passed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Both were about the same for me. I was up and around pretty quickly.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My second one was so much easier than the first I was walking like normal the next day.I was 38 weeks when i had my c-section. They said it couldnt be any earlier.
    shona200

Answer by shona200 at 8:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had 2, they were about the same for me as far as recovery. Easier because I knew what to expect, harder because I had a 20 month old to run after as well. I scheduled it when I was around 6 months, both were born at 39 weeks.

Answer by missanc at 8:02 PM on May. 5, 2011