Yeast Infection! Please help ((TMI) adult content

Im very sore, little swollen. Itches a little. Very irritated and its hard to walk. Def. sounds like a yeast infection to me!
What can i do to help this! Vagisil has never really worked for me..what can i use that will actually take it away! Im so uncomfortable and dread going pee cuz it hurts :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• warm bath, call your GYN and they can call in that 1x pill for you. No biggie
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Well go to the drugstore and get the test that tells you if it is a yeast infection, if so get some monistat, it is a CURE, while vagisal is just a relief type medicine, my doctor won't see you unless your PG for a yeast infection, but buy the test kit first to make sure that is what you have,, good luck and don't scratch,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My daughter has been fighting one for a week...ugh- I'm off to the store AGAIN to get more stuff, because it almost completely goes away then it just comes back. Unfortunately-hubby jsut got a job in another state-so no doctors for us until we get there in June. I have never had them myself so I'm not sure what works
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You can also get Monistat Cream over the counter. Vagisil won't help much because it is not an anti-fungal . . it just helps with general irritation. You can also take some acidophilus supplements to help your body get back into balance.

I have learned that I can get away with buying a cheap tube of generic Monistat Cream.  If you apply that to the labia for a few days, while taking acidophilus, it can get you back in balance very quickly and without too much of the anti-fungal.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Get monistat 7, go with the kind that has the cream and the suppositiry thingy. Ive had only one y.i. and i used that and it never came back. Also eat yogurt. Lots of yogurt.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 6:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I call my dr and they call in a prescription for that pill you take one time. MUCH better than anything over the counter!

Answer by missanc at 8:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'd call my doctor and ask them to call in a prescription for diflucan. It's a little pink pill you only take once and it works GREAT!!! Feel better soon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I know that stuff works so well! I can notice a difference with in hours. Only thing is my doc wants me to come in for an apt and im not doin that. I just tried the Monostat 7. Hopefully this works
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Slit a clove of garlic and insert it vaginaly. No Joke, IT wILL rid you of your infection. I have never had a YI, but I did have GBS and my midwufe had me do that and the GBS cleared, it is mainly a remedy for YI. But TRUST it will work!! Good luck.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• garlic?? really, out of all things? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 AM on May. 6, 2011