How do you know how much S&H will cost before you go to the post office?

I see people, like on ebay, show the shipping and handling charge...how do they know how much it is if they haven't taken the item to the post office yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Shopping

• You go to usps.com and click the shipping rates somewhere at top
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Like the PP said. I sell stuff on Ebay and I know how much it is because I weigh it and I now the destination zip code. I purchase my shipping label on-line, print it at home and just toss it in the mail.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 9:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• When I sell on ebay it's usually just text books and I use the flat rate envelopes which are $4.80. They also have a lot of flat rate boxes too. Plus once you've sold a lot of things, you can pretty much know how much it is going to cost to ship.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008