Are there any real wahm jobs??

I want to find a job I can do at home so I can still be home with my son. I just want to do something new and bring in some sort of money. Are there any legit work at home jobs that you don't have to pay money to join? and one that actually pays...not just compensation. Any ideas? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• There are work at home jobs, but I haven't found any legit ones that don't require training or for you to sell something. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Good luck getting into a job like that! There arn't too many, and those that have it set up like that are extremely strict, and it's hard to get in. I might suggest looking for freelance work, it's not a lot and it's not compensation pay. If you are interested in a business, I have a real legitimate one that I would love to introduce you to. the pay is great and you get to help others!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• kbishop8688 what is your business?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You should never have to pay for a job, most businesses however have some type of start up cost. I work from home online and I love it! It's not a job, it'sa business. I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• There are some with legit companies. A decade ago I worked for a company that manufactures skylights and stuff. At home I would assemble little bags with screws and bolts and things for them. I got paid by the amount of packets I made.

I also know some legit companies have call center reps that work from home. I know some companies, like MetLife, have people in all types of "desk jobs" that work from home. Also anyone who works for certain government agencies after 1 year has the option to work from home.

The hard part is finding the job if you don't already work for the company. You may want to talk to recruiters and explain what you are looking for.

angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 9:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't know if this qualifies as work at home but I paint and people buy my paintings. Every now and then I'm able to publicly display my work and make extra sales there. I give painting and drawing lessons too.Also, some people come to me, tell me what they want and I create it for them. I'm extremely happy doing it, stay at home and make good money. Is there something you're particularly good at? If so, that may be your solution. Good luck :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 10:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It's called PrePaid Legal. It's got a great comp plan! You can send me a friend request or a message and I can send you some info to check out. Can't really explain all the points when words are being counted!!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Have you thought about eBay? That's a great one for making quick and easy money!  I also blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  If you are interested, you can read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 AM on May. 8, 2011