Is it okay to eat sunny-side-up eggs while you are pregnant??

MuddaGirl

Asked by MuddaGirl at 7:31 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think that is a negative. The yellows are uncooked and if your preggers thats on the no go list.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 7:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i always do, but if you are worried about bacteria they do have pasturized eggs. they are just like regular eggs, but do cost a little more.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No. But, like princessbeth said get the paturized ones. Eggs carry salmonella and while a healthy adult can fight it and baby can die from it, to me it is just to risky.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't risk it.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I only ate it 1 time during this pregnancy but I remembered hearing that it wasn't good to eat it. Thank you ladies you all have been very helpful! I am considering trying the paturized eggs tho.
    MuddaGirl

Comment by MuddaGirl (original poster) at 8:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I ate over-medium eggs nearly every day of my pregnancy and had no problems with my pregnancy... (I also ate cold cuts, tuna fish, and other things that people told me to stay away from...).

Don't concentrate on things "not" to do while pregnant, but focus on giving your baby the best nutrition possible (and yourself a few treats!).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• That is the only way that I eat them, even during pregnancy. I am not much of a worrier, I eat the way I normally eat.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Ok thanxx ladies...i guess i need to stop focusing on what i am not suppose to eat and jus eat healthy. I always eat scrambled eggs but every now and then I eat sunny side up eggs. I guess for now I will eat it once every few months
    MuddaGirl

Comment by MuddaGirl (original poster) at 3:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• yea but need cook them a little more
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:56 PM on May. 6, 2011