Have you ever been afraid of your husband?

We had a very nasty fight before he left for work. He's so jealous it's ridiculous. We've been together for 9 years and he thinks that I cheat on him. I never have and never would.

I was so angry he was basically calling me a whore for no reason (I am the mother of his children) I told him I hated him. And at that moment I hated him with a passion. He went off on me. I should never have said that.

I've always been afraid of him. He can be a very angry man. Now I'm afraid he's going to kill me. I found his gun, unloaded it and hid the shell, but he has more in his truck. He gets home from work at 3am when we're all fast asleep. I'm worried I won't wake up in the morning. He also has another gun, but I can't find it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• If you're that scared leave and go to a shelter before he does hurt you. FK EM!
    Anonymous

• Has he ever been violent with you before?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Why on earth would you stay with a man that you are afraid of?
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• And that is why he is my ex-husband now...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i have issues with my husband too i never have thought he was going to kill me but he is nasty and mean and hateful. it is time to get the kids and go you will be much happier and safer. nothing will ever change unless you change it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Do you have anywhere to go? Please do if you can. Don't wait around for him to harm you or your kids. None of you deserve to live like that. I have never feared my husband. I can't imagine living that way. I will be thinking of you and say a little prayer.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• He's been violent with me before, but it's been a few years.

I've stayed with him because I'm afraid of him. He tells me he'll keep the kids. He tells me no one will want me. He's told me how he'd get rid of a body.

I am going to leave. I have to wait until my kids get out for Christmas break and make arrangements at work.

I feel really stupid, but I'm scared to death. I told my parents if something happens, he did it.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with imtheonlysane1...why are you with someone you are so afraid of?I say you need to find someone who you arent afraid of so bad hun!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't wait to leave, leave now and work out the details later!
    Anonymous

• If you're not going to leave at least call someone and let them know you're afraid and God forbid if anything does happen someone will know what. Let your husband know you told someone.
    Anonymous