During a contraction (belly hardness)

Does your whole belly get hard during a contraction? I am not sure if I'm having some or not, I'm 35 1/2 weeks, and the whole top half of my stomach is crampy/achy and gets hard off and on, and my lower back is really starting to hurt, but the bottom of my stomach isn't getting hard?

luvmylilbean

Asked by luvmylilbean at 7:34 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Braxton hicks do that. Your whole belly tightens up then goes away?
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 7:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm no doctor but that sounds like a contraction to me, although it could of course be braxton hicks. Are they at all regular? If you sit down and take it easy do they continue? For me, I kept getting hardness at the top of my stomach, it really felt like my daughter was pressing her butt right up against the top of my stomach, but those were contractions. I had them for about the last two weeks or so of my pregnancy off and on.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• it sounds like braxton hicks contractions to me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks...I've been going through that for about a week now....not painful my ass! lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Could just be braxton hicks, but could also be contractions. Are they consistent? I would drink a glass of water or two and lay down on your left side. If they continue or get worse I would head into Labor and Delivery or at least give your OB a call. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• make a fist thats what your lower belly will feel like rock hard & pain lasting long time
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:55 PM on May. 6, 2011