Okay I need some insight from experienced mothers.. I am 20 years old, and I've been with my boyfriend for a year, and I believe I just conceived. It's been almost a week since the time it could have happened, and I'm just wondering what the earliest signs of pregnancy are?

I feel flutters in my lower abdomen, almost like the "butterflies" feeling but gentler than that. My sense of smell is more distinct, it made me sick earlier today because I could smell everything it seemed. I also bled a little, and then it stopped but my period isn't due for another 1 1/2 weeks. I don't want to get my hopes up until I know for sure and take the test, but if I am then I will be so excited! I'm just wondering if I'm just having high hopes or if this is really happening

oceaneyes7

Asked by oceaneyes7 at 7:49 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well, you cannot feel the baby until much later, and if your period is not due for 1 1/2 weeks it's unlikely that you will be noticing any symptoms yet. just wait until your period is supposed to come and then take a test. some you can take 4 or 5 days before you expect your period, but to take one now would just be a waste of money.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• everyone is different... I didnt find out i was pregnant until i was 3 months.... I agree with PrincessBeth just wait and see what happens
    SaltwaterFish

Answer by SaltwaterFish at 8:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You won't feel flutters until about 20 weeks, so that is not it. I did have a wicked sense of smell while pregnant, but I didn't notice that until at least 8 weeks. My first sign was about a week before my period was due and my boobs were insanely sore, like I couldn't breath on them sore. Of course at the time I had no idea, just thought it was bad pms symptoms. I'd relax and just wait.

I can't help but wonder why you would choose to have a baby out of wedlock at such a young age, but that is just me. Does your boyfriend want a child too?
    Anonymous

• It wasn't planned but yes, he wants to have kids with me. We are both going to college full time and working, we want to be stable so we can have a good start to marriage, and no I wasn't planning on having a baby yet.
    oceaneyes7

Comment by oceaneyes7 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• wait to take test , cramps peeeing alot throwing up dizzzy nesa sick
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:48 PM on May. 6, 2011