i was pregnant once i lost the baby after 6 months never to get pregnant again what can i do i want to be pregnant my gyno says i should be able to get pregnant again but no luck

iwantjeffsbaby

Asked by iwantjeffsbaby at 8:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Unfortunately most doctors want you to try without help for 6 months if they can't find a problem. After that they may put you on some hormones to help you out. I don't know if you have any weight issues, but when I was having trouble trying to concieve this second time (and I'm not horribly overweight) my doctor told me to shed some pounds because your hormones like to hide in there...I'm pregnant now. If you have been trying a long time without help, maybe its time to get a new doctor to see if they will help you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• First of all i want to say sorry for the lost of the baby. Have you tried the hormone test over the counter test? It's tells you when you are ovalating Remember when are fertile only on certain time of the month. If that does not work go see a specialist on fertility. Good luck.
    crystalrico

Answer by crystalrico at 8:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Check out www.tcoyf.com. The site is taking charge of your fertility and there is a book and a computer program. The computer program makes it really easy to track your cycles and identify when you are ovulating and tells you what days to try etc. It costs something like $30 for the program but you can download it online and there is a free 15 day trial.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You will get pregnant again when the time is right. Maybe you are trying too hard. Sometimes you just have to relax and it comes naturally.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• OMG, "trying to hard", are you serious. "Relax", wow, you are just full of them. We have been "trying" for 11 years. No luck. We have done 5 IUI's and 3 IVF's. Haven't worked. The only thing we got was debt. We adopted a little boy through Foster Care and It's been a great experience. There is less than a 25% chance of getting pregnant naturally. It just feels like everybody around you gets pregnant without help. I found that the decision I had to make was did I want to be pregnant or did I want to be mom. I wanted to be mom.
    JulieDH

Answer by JulieDH at 10:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2008