What are the "must have" baby items in your opinion?

...and if you got a diaper changing table, how often do you really use it? Thanks!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 8:04 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• I personally used my changing table every time. I can't live without onsies and the nightgowns that tie at the bottom.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Diapers, a bottle warmer, and a diaper genie
    SaltwaterFish

Answer by SaltwaterFish at 8:15 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My changing table was mainly for storage, a bookcase would have worked. All my kids loved the swing, it was the only place my middle child would sleep. I used my Moses basket a lot for the first two months or so.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had a custom made changing table and used it for every diaper change. I'm tall so my husband built it taller than the store bought ones so I didn't have to bend or stoop over. Other items.... car seat, receiving blankets, stroller. I'm sure there were other things, but I can't think right now.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We ALWAYS use our changing table. Every diaper change is used on that. I also love our swing and jumperoo. Both of my boys loved them! The diaper genie was a waste of money for me. We just keep a trash can out on our back deck and throw all diapers in there.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• A soothie pacifier. And I've never had a changing table, I've always found them pretty useless since a baby can be changed on top of a bed, sofa, even the floor if you put down a blanket.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• car-seat blankets, & dippers, bottles ect cloths sleepers ones wipes ,yes dipper table with safety straps a must have has extra drawers...
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 9:25 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Cloth diapers. They come in handy for everything, even if you don't choose to use them. I did. I couldn't afford disposables, and besides that, they generate a metric ton of waste.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 9:35 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I just used a desk from IKEA I already had for a changing table. I put one of those curved diaper changing pads on it that has straps. Even now my wiggly toddler has a hard time rolling off. My must haves? Cloth diapers for wiping up spit up (if you don't use them on their bottom too, that is), Dr. Brown bottles, a small diaper changing clutch that holds just a diaper or two and some wipes for when we're out and about, a net storage bag to hook over the handles of her umbrella stroller for those times I don't want to fool with the big stroller.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:47 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Diaper changing table.... every single day!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:00 PM on May. 6, 2011