What do contractions feel like??

Im 29 weeks, and I get this weird feeling sometimes. It feels like a cramp in my lower stomach and it gets all hard. At first I thought it was the baby pushing its whole body up against my stomach. Is it normal to start getting contractions this early?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 8:09 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• contractions feel like a very tight squeezing...sometimes crampy...like period pain. Others feel like pain in your lower back.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 8:13 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You might be having braxton hicks, they are the "fake" contractions you get during that stage. No worries... you'll know when its real or not! As they get real, they intensify and don't subside. The ones you're having now you'll feel your stomach tighten then release. You're ok. If in doubt, call your doctor.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:32 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yes its called false labor they feel like cramps some worster also u feel like u need to do#2 but can"t
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2011