When to take a pregnancy test after home insemination??

hello you wonderful single moms!!!!!!

let me tell you a little bit about my story. i have a 4 yr old son, who by the way is my world. 3 yrs ago i was pregnant with my second child but i had a miscarriage. ever since then i have never seen my period. about a yr ago i decided to try again to see if i could have a child without my period and it turns out that i can i am ovulating like normal. so i went ahead and did a home insemination wednesday 5-4-11 because my fertility monitor told me that i was ovulating with high fertility. now what i want to know is when can i take a pregnancy test when i have no clue when my period ended 3 yrs ago. can someone give me an idea of what i can do?? and when i can take a pregnancy test??

shoegal1787

Asked by shoegal1787 at 8:09 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Probably in 2-3 weeks. Or you could take a week or one a month. Just wait a couple weeks for HCG levels to get up high enough to register on an at home test.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:40 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i would wait at least 2 to 3 weeks.
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 1:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• in about three weeks. 1 week for potentially fertilized egg to travel the tubes 1 week for it to implant and 1 week for enough HCG to build up in your system and register on a test. Possibly another week later if you're symptomatic, but got a negative at three weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• relax have sex on days your olviting after u show signs
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:43 AM on May. 7, 2011