Is there anything wrong with storing blankets and pillows in a box?

I bought some moving boxes from Lowe's when we moved. I have some heavy blankets and a few pillows that I will not need until next winter. I was going to leave them in the boxes, but am thinking maybe it would be better to store them in plastic bins. I really don't want to spend the money for the bins though. What's your take? Would there be any harm in keeping them in the boxes?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 8:12 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Wrap them in plastic garbage bags and then into the boxes - used moth balls to keep out the mice.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Look out for moths.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• and mice.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• well, like pp said they can get ruined by 'critters', and also if wherever you're storing them has a leak they will get messed up in a box, but not a tote.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Dullscissors took my answer. Critters like to climb in them to use them for bedding. I keep mine in plastic totes. Mice do not get into those. If you have cardboard boxes, mice will chew right through it and set up house. It's awful and makes you feel a bit gross when you find out you have mice.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2011