Animal Abuse!

I have two cats, before anyone gets the wrong idea that are fat, spoiled indoor only kitties. But, hubby hates them and in order to avoid the constantly complaining about cat fur I keep them shaved down in a lion cut.

I never thought this was weird, I used to groom cats all the time but my sister has always tells me it's just undignified to have a bald cat. Then when my bf's little sis came over last she freaked out over it and said it was animal abuse lol.

So I'm bored and wanted to hear what you thought.

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 9:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry, but that made me laugh! Are your cats neglected? Underfed?

No, not animal abuse. They might be a little cold though.....

You must post a photo. I bet they are real cuties!
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh lord I do sympathize for your cat! I used to work in a group home with two cats and one day I came in and they had been shaved like lions because their fur was so matted from getting outside in a field full of burr bushes. They were both little tiny things and they looked like miserable rats. My cats are so fat and lazy that they would look equally ridiculous shaved. Its far from animal abuse though!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think there are a lot of furry cats sitting in a Humane Shelter right now who would love to come and be your "bald cat!" I knew someone who developed an allergy to cats and that's exactly what she did! So, I say, SHAVE THOSE CATS!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've seen dogs shaved that way but not cats...LOL. If they have any hair at all they're going to shed it so I can't see how that particular hair cut makes that big of a difference. But if YOU like that cut then you keep it...don't let someone else tell you it's animal abuse....it's just a hair cut. Did you like her haircut? You could use the argument that her hair dresser abuses her...LMAO
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know people who shave their cats in the summertime. But if you live somewhere where it's cold, it may not be a good idea. I don't think anything wrong with it though. But being they are indoor cats, it should be ok.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• if i tried that on my cats, i think i would have been clawed and they would have bitten me, but i do have a cat that loves to brush there teeth on those batter tooth brushes
    Anonymous