Siblings

Hm I am 24 yeras old & I just had my first sister bonding moment lol See I am adopted & was in my teens by a local family. This family has four children who are 10+ years older then myself. I just moved back to my hometown last month & we are all neighbors (no joke we live on the same piece of land as two sisters & my parents plus my brother is half mile up the road).

My sister next door messaged me online & said can you meet me on my porch to talk for a minute. I went over there & shes half drunk & chain smoking (something nobody knows) & shes going on about man trouble etc. Now I found this all kind of weird at first but after warming up to all of this & spilling some secrets (both of us) we were laughing & actually having fun. I rather enjoyed the little get away for a moment & the adult convo.

So is this what its like to have siblings? I wouldnt know bc like I said this was the first sibling moment I have had with any of them. Is this how you act with your siblings as an adult? I thought it'd be a swirl of arguments & of course there are the moments of this & that with everyone but eh I could get used to late night porch talks & drinks =)

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 8:52 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• yea sounds like you guys are also friends. sisters fight too but they also have times like these :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I thought it'd be a swirl of arguments & of course there are the moments of this & that with everyone but eh I could get used to late night porch talks & drinks. Enjoy the good moments when you can. Most siblings have swirls of arguments but no matter what they love each other. Congrats to you on your adoption.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes that is how it is.

I am 10-15 years younger than all of my siblings. Since there was such a age gap, we never really had any connection when I was growing up. Now, we talk regularly and even share 'those' moments.

It is very special that she shared that secret part of her life with you. congrats!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I sure hope that me and my brother are like that at some point. We are very close now but he is 13 and i am 30. No kids inbetween us, But i know we will be super close later on.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My brothers and I rarely speak or see each other, so no fighting when we actually DO see each other. We fought enough as children.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:21 PM on May. 5, 2011