Do you make your own bread?

Do you make it in a bread maker? How do you like it?

3Beautiful_Bugs

Asked by 3Beautiful_Bugs at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i use a basic recipe with my kitchenaid mixer. It is usually half wheat and half white.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i don't . i have in the past just to see the difference vs. the bakery, but i found out the bread from the bakery is just as good lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I just bought a bread machine a month ago and I absolutely love it and for us it is actually cheaper to make my own bread than to buy it.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 9:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• When I do, I make it by hand. I have a basic Amish white bread recipe (flour, sugar, yeast, oil and water), and its delicious!
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 9:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have made my own bread before. I would more often if I had a bread machine. I think they're wonderful. (If you're going to use it...no sense spending the money if it's just going to serve as decoration. :) )
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have a bread machine and make most of our own bread, I also use it for rolls and pizza dough
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I make a couple pounds per week- enough for 2 meals. I do use a bread machine. I'd never remember to do eveyrthing for bread by hand... as it is, I forget to make bread for dinner most days or do it at the last second and have to make a simple white.

We love cheese or potato breads, and there is a nice wheat applesauce bread that is wonderufl for breakfast. I'd like to do more wheats, but I don't have a good recipe book for it. Need to consider it though, maybe look online. If I put cheese in it, my family might even eat some.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No, but with the prices rising for food, gas, etc....I sure am going to start!
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 11:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would love to, but I haven't yet.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on May. 6, 2011

• No I just buy it.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:31 PM on May. 6, 2011