Fathers day gift question

for part of the father's day gift, i want to get BF clothes. he's been bitching for about a year now (maybe more?) that he doesnt have clothes and he's sick of wearing the same things each week, etc.... (which is true- right now ALL of his money is going towards bills)

as much as i HATE gift cards-- should i give him a gift card to the store he likes... or should i have his sisters go to the store and buy him his clothes? i cant do it b/c 1) i hate shopping for my own clothes- no way i'd be shopping for someone else 2) his sisters know his style and sizes more than me and 3) i just dont have the time to do it. lol

he always brings his sisters along when he did go shopping to get the female POV, plus he'll admit that they dress him better than he could himself lol. but i dont know if thats weird or not.

so just a GC or have the sisters do it?

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 9:16 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd ask sisters so that it could still be kind of a surprise for him.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Since you hate to give gift cards, have his sisters do it, and get gift receipts so if there's anything he doesn't like/doesn't fit right he can exchange (like using a gift card)
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• he's not your dad, why buy him a gift?
    Anonymous

• Maybe go shopping with his sisters?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• he's not my dad, but he's gone above and beyond when it comes to my son. IMO, clothes arent a real father's day gift, but its a way that i can show him that i appreciate how much he's been helping me when he really doesn't even have to.. like paying for the week of childcare, or getting DS clothes when I didn't have any money, or watching DS for free when I went on two job interviews (to land the job that i have now), etc. Either way, i'd still do it, but I figure that if i wait for father's day, it'll have more meaning behind it (showing my appreciation).

i'd have to find the time to go shopping, which will be close to impossible. my schedules goes from 5am until about 11pm, and the store is only open from 10am-8pm... not sure of the weekends, but then his sisters both work on the weekends. i still have like a month to figure it out. lol
    Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 9:28 PM on May. 5, 2011