When do

My kids don't play in sports however I know many kids that do.

At what age or legue do scouts start looking for college and such?

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 9:18 PM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• How about giving them a good education so they can get scholarships using their brain not some sport they aren't in to?
    Anonymous

• I always thought they start looking in high school...I could be wrong but I've always thought that was when
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree...I thought it was in high school!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 9:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Scouts look Sophomore and Junior year of HS. Usually junior year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• SORRY IF SOME OF IT'S MIS SPELLED.
    Thats what I though to. A friend just called and said that the local baseball team couch is looking at kid already which child isn't even in middle school yet. I don't beleieve it. I know said child is great in anything she does but to be looking and scouting already I don't believe. The mother said that child would get a free trip to on of the other cities in our state and that when it comes to college child can look at any and all and most likly get into it with a scholership.

Anny- I to believe they need to have a education frist and that's why MY kids don't play in sports yet.
    red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Actually, there are younger competitive teams that WILL come scout for recruits. Not for college play or professional, but, their age.

And sports are good for kids and kids can excel at academia with scholarships while achieving in sports. Geeze ANON.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yes, our town has select teams - that is when the best of the best goes against the next towns, best of the best. My son does not play baseball, but a few of his friends do. Well, they had an "all strars" team that traveled to a bigger city to play. There was a team of 10 - 12 yr old sponcered my Nike. Really! I could not believe that.. Nike, gave this select team _??__ amount of money every year.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• highschool, my kids are 8,5,4 and are in t-ball and softball, baseball, and dance, you have to start them early if you want them to be good enough to be scouted
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:41 AM on May. 6, 2011