So just wondering on "Mother's Day" are you are kids going to spend time with their Stepmom?

As a mother do you feel they should if you rather have that special day alone reserved for you as an honor as they are your kids and they love you as that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm the step mom and my step son will go to his mom's for the weekend. In most custody papers it states that the mother has the right to have the child on mothers day weekend as my husband has the right to have his son on fathers day weekend even though its the beginning of her summer visitation.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i am going to spend mother's day with my stepmother, but my situation maybe different since my real mother is dead. i would at least give her a gift if you're not going to spend time with her. (yes, even if they don't really like her all that much i still think they should give her something on mother's day).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It's OUR day can't we decide and choose to be selfish again they are OUR kids! Shouldn't the stepmom RESPECT US and not EXPECT but just be like fine. I was hoping but that TOTALLY understandable.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Thank you Princessbeth..I was thinking of letting my daughter take her a gift on that day, but just a simple in and out :) It's enough and a gift is thoughtful.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Wow. You seem pretty angry, I take it you don't like your child's stepmom? Go and have your day, as it is obviously so important to you, but if you are a good mother, you will have your child call her stepmom to say Happy Mother's Day and the next time she sees her a simple card will more than likely mean the absolute world to her. You should be thankful your daughter has another person in her life to love and care for her, not be a selfish juvenile. Seriously.
    Anonymous

• Do you and the stepmom get along? Is your dd close to her stepmom? There are a lot of factors in this one. If you get along well enough with her maybe you could meet for ice cream. Kind of let your dd have a mini celebration with both of you. If you don't get along well enough for that then maybe let the stepmom take her for ice cream for half an hour or so while you shop nearby. if your dd is not close to her then I would just do as you said and give her a small gift....maybe a card and Starbucks giftcard.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:42 PM on May. 5, 2011