Need tips for a interview Monday?

What are some good tips for when going to a interview?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Be on time, look professional via dressing on the conservative side, research abou the company, ask intelligent and thoughtful questions (i.e. what is the career path for this position? what do you foresee the challeges of this position? can you describe your ideal candidate). Be prepared to talk about your experiences and how you can contribute to the company/department. Rehearse the answers out loud. The more prepared you are, the less nervous you'll be on Monday. Good luck.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Be on time
    Make eye contact
    Dress professionally
    Know about the company
    Have questions ready to ask THEM. It shows your interest.
    After - SEND a TY Card to the person(s) who conducted the interview
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Look your best and always make eye contact and be polite. Make sure that you are eager to work and they know that.
    broken1981

Answer by broken1981 at 9:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Look every single one of them in the eye when you answer. Bring examples of your work. Don't smoke or wear perfume before you go. I can't tell you how many times people at my work didn't get a chance because they wore perfume, smelled like smoke, or didn't look in the eye. And once when I was doing an interview, one of the girl's answers to how do you handle high priority multiple workloads was "I just wing it." Yeah, didn't happen.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Make sure you look professional and know about the company. I have always been asked what I bring to the work comunity and what is something you need to work on. So have answers for both. Remember to smile and relax. GL!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Emmy curious - why no perfume? I don't mean those who bathe in it. Would a hint of perfume be bad in your opinion?
    Anonymous

• A PINCH SHOULD BE FINE
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• all of the above and DO wear some make-up. studies have shown that women who wear make-up are offered more jobs than those who don't. Not a lot but some...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Okay thanks for all the answers everyone!! I will most def. take in all the tips.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on May. 5, 2011