What are a few good things to do to heal after eptopic surgery?

broken1981

Asked by broken1981 at 9:37 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• I found baths very soothing. If you have a lot of pain, don't feel bad about taking the meds for it, life is just so much easier when you're not in excruciating pain. Wear loose fitting clothing and take it easy.

As far as healing emotionally, talk with your loved ones, there's a group on here for women who have suffered ectopics. My mother gave me a crystal perfume bottle with a 2009 penny glued onto the bottom (the year I lost my baby). I filled it with colored water and would hold it any time I was grieving.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• take it easy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Sometimes that is easier said then done but I will try.
    broken1981

Comment by broken1981 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• You aren't supposed to take baths after surgery. You risk infection and melting stitches. Just rest. Do things when you feel up to it. If you feel fine go on with your normal life that helps too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh, I should have said it was a week after surgery that I had a bath for the first time, sorry. And my stitches were subcutaneous (under the skin). My wounds were closed. Make sure all that is in place before you bathe.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• rest as much as possible and as the others said do not take a bath until it is OK'd by your doctor to do so. Just do whatever you feel like and if you need to rest then do so. I know it is easier said then done sometimes but ask for help also if you have anyone that can help. I had surgery a month ago and there are still days that I can't do my "normal" routine of things
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:33 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Just take it easy. I had one when my 3rd child was 18 months after I had had a tubal. Stupid Dr kept telling me I had a cyst or something and when it busted I almost died due to the lost blood.
    Not much you can do but follow the Drs directions and wait to heal.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:29 AM on May. 6, 2011