What do I do??

I have zero patience and lose it easily. My son has ADHD and is not the easiest child in the world. I swear he purposely tries to push my buttons and make me snap. Sometimes I just want to run away... I hate feeling this way.. I hate yelling at him...

How can I learn patience??

oMiSSANNAMARiEo

Asked by oMiSSANNAMARiEo at 9:40 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• It takes time. I'm still learning everyday.

I give myself timeouts.

Hugs!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Can you take a walk when he gets to you? Sometimes my dd gets to me that way and I just have to step away. How old is your son? Can he ride a bike?? Maybe each evening you guys could take a ride/walk just to run off some energy and spend some time together just relaxing.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:44 PM on May. 5, 2011

• When he pushes your buttons, just breathe. My brother was extremely annoying when we were kids, and still is. He now has developed this lovely cocky attitude. Living with him has made me and extremely patient person, but it took a lot of work, and I still have my moments where I explode. Don't let yourself reach the boiling point, you can't keep it bottled up. Just breathe, and keep a constant reminder that your son is ADHD, and its not entirely his fault, he may actually be pushing your buttons, but he might not be if he wasn't ADHD. Just breathe, and be firm with your son, you are the boss, don't yell, be firm. Be the boss. I learned that from my sister in law. My nephew likes to boss people around and throw fits if he doesn't get his way, but when she has her firm mommy tone, he shuts up real quick.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:25 PM on May. 5, 2011