Do you know who Debra Burlingame is?

This is low even for Obama

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:48 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No idea.... who is she?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Wow that was low. Show of character?
    Anonymous

• No. But I have the feeling many soon will.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes, I do know who she is!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• A small clip of what was said for those who don't like to click. Listening to her tell it is much better though.

Burlingame said she confronted Obama about Attorney General Eric Holder prosecuting the men, who likely produced intelligence leading us to bin Laden.

Burlingame describes the encounter with Obama: "As a former attorney I know you can't tell the Attorney General what to do, he said, 'No, I can't.' But I said 'we -- that shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion. We wouldn't be here today if they hadn't done their jobs. Can't you at least give them your opinion.' And he said 'no I won't,' and he turned around and walked away

itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• He isn't going to discuss that stuff. He just isn't. It is too controversial. Oddly enough!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• She is the sister of Chic Burlingame who was the pilot of the plane that went into the pentagon on 9-11
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I know exactly who she is and she do NOT speak for ALL of the 9/11 "survivors" although she seems to think she does since she's a lawyer.

I don't like Obama, but bravo on him doing exactly as he should - saying he can't intervene as he cannot.
    Anonymous

• "likely produced intelligence" according to whom?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• So...she thinks she can tell him what to do? I think not. WHo does she think she is? If she admits that he can't tell the Attorney General what to do, why did she push the issue? I don't think it was "low" for him to refuse. Gawwwwwwwd. It doesn't take much for you to attack the President,does it? TAke a Midol. HAve a drink. DO something positive like taking a walk in the fresh night air----anything to get out of your bad mood .
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:18 PM on May. 5, 2011