Do you go to garage sales?

Why do people throw stuff around with NO respect?!
Why do people steal stuff that cost .50 - $1.00!! Is it really worth it?!
If something is organized perfectly making it easy to find the sizes you want AND the type of clothes (pants/shirts/outfits (matched together!)/PJS) does it not make you appreciate even a LITTLE the people that put the work into it!?
(I expected them to rummage thru stuff, but some of this behavior is RUDE! and disrespectful!)
Today I am reminded of just how senselessness can hurt..
It just plain out HURTS seeing our stuff being tossed- unmatching stuff to buy only the shirt, people trying to trick you (switch $ tags), STEALING, giving you a dirty look when you tell their kid not to play with breakables like action figures (nicely).
Today I made about $600.00 + and still have FRI/SAT .. Why am I not happy? Why do I feel so angry and disrespected?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes I love them and I also have them from time to time. I always respect the sales people and expect the same when I have them.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 11:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Hugs for you. Sorry that you feel this way. I felt like that the very first time that I had a garage sale, so the next time I had one, I tried to hang as much stuff as I could on hangers. I had a few racks, and the rest of the clothes that I had on hangers I layed them across the car. Good Luck If you decide to continue.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 11:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i love them. i wont even touch anything unless i'm interested because i know how much it bothers me when i put effort into something like that and people go thru it all with no regard for it :/ hope your sale gets better!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 1:20 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience! If it upsets you so much, maybe put a little less effort into organizing the stuff for sale, and maybe it won't bother you so much?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:22 PM on May. 6, 2011

• YES I love garage sales.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 6:23 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Because people don't care and have the "it's junk at a yard sale" attitude.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 11:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I love garage sales , and omg stealing from a garage sale , that is pretty messed up ,
    MyPinkRainbow

Answer by MyPinkRainbow at 1:39 AM on May. 9, 2011