IS SHE TOO YOUNG?

I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD AND I SOMETIMES MIX UP HER MILK LIKE WITH CHOCOLATE SYRUP OR STRAWBERRY AND MY MOTHER INLAW SAYS THATS TO YOUNG FOR THE BABY.........SHOULD I STOP?

KColeman90

Asked by KColeman90 at 10:03 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not if you don't put too much in it.....I did it too and my kid came out just fine. Not even overweight :)
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i don't think she's too young even though i don't do it with my kids.my husband tried to give it to my 2 1/2 yr old when she was about 1 and she didnt like it, and i'm just changing my 11 month old from formula to milk now so i probably won't do it with him either. but i dont see why you can't give it to her. my only thing would be to not give it to her in every single bottle because she'll get used to it and the day you don't have any you'll be getting an earfull lol
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't do it. That's too much sugar and fake stuff. And I don't give my kids that stuff until much older. It isn't good for them. I try to hold off as long as possible. At one, she had no clue about that. But, do what you want.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:15 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I wouldnt do it just because it's alot of sugar and I don't want to start bad habits but if your cool with it then that's the only thing thats important...don't let MIL start telling you how to raise your kids cause TRUST ME she will never stop lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We would put a lil' ovaltine in her milk when she was about 2yo. but it seemed to turn into a habit/expected instead of a A.M treat so I stopped it..
    Now at 4yo she only gets choc. milk if we are really bad & eat at shipleys/kolaches/
    or
    recently she has had alot of sinus drainage & I know if I drink something hot it helps so I fix her a cup of hot (warm. lol) chocolate .. It helps TREMENDOUSLY! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My doctor actually recommended we used the nesquick mix with dd. She was refusing to drink any milk and was having problems with her weight. We put in about 1/2 tsp. Of the strawberry mix In 10 oz of milk, and she is perfectly healthy, and now will drink milk without it. As long as it's not an all the time thing, I think it's fine.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• At 15 mos I was doing it on the nights that Daddy worked late as a Mommy DD special thing. She didn't have any for a VERY long time and now she won't drink chocolate or strawberry milk and she is almost 3. I have a strange child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Do what works for you. Different strokes for different folk's.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 11:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't do it. My 2 1/2 yo has never even had chocolate milk. We just hold off on sugary stuff as long as possible - trying to raise my kids healthy.

Answer by missanc at 9:50 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I did that for my son because he did not like milk by itself. (neither do i..well i dont drink it at all EWWW) But I buy the sugar free syrup.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2011