Does Anyone Have a Hubby That LIKES To Put Up Christmas Lights?

I love Christmas and the outside decorated as much as the inside...But we live in teh counrty and my hubby thinks he would be wasting his time...LOL

Lynn Galbraith
www.yourkids1st.com'

lynng

Asked by lynng at 9:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Holidays

• Yes. My hubby put them up BEFORE Thanksgiving. But I put my foot down and wouldn't let him light them until at least Thanksgiving night! Now, getting him to take them down is another story!!
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• mine.. we don do outside...nabors are so rude..anyways inside oh yes
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My DH used to put Christmas lights on the house until he became afraid of heights. He hasn't fallen or anything...he's just getting old and afraid he MAY fall. Either that or he's just being lazy..idk...LOL
    I love lights on a country house. It could be pitch black on the road and you see a lighted house off in the distance....ahh...pretty!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Mine hates it. He gripes the whole time. I don't know why he does it.

I don't look forward to it every year because of his griping.
    Anonymous

• mine hubby whine about it all the time, the childern love doing it and seeing it before bedtime. but this year didn't get to do it we had alot of remodeling going on for the house
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• just like every little fixing thing for the house, mine loves to do the lights. loser huh!

just kidding... because i sure as hell wouldn't put them up!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes. Mine gets the kids involved and it's always a race to see who volunteers first lol. Me, I just sit back and watch drinking my hot tea or chocolate!!!!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Me and My daughter have a tradition started with decorating.. My DH...he like to leave while the tradition is going on. Doesn't like it...So, we do it and have FUN!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i had to work the day after thanksgiving because i decided to get a job for theholidays and we said that WE would put up decorations either on thanksgiving or on sunday when i did nt have to work. you know i got home friday night and all the outside lights were up. i was a little mad first, but then i got to thinking about it and usually i just stand around freezing my behind off so it was okay he did the outside as long as WE did the inside.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Umm-I think he enjoys it but every year varies on how much we do..it's a lot of work!
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 6:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2008