Pregnant? More to it than I thought.

In a nutshell,
My period has always been normal length, always on time. I have 2 kids, one 2 1/2, one about to turn 1 year.

It's been a week since it ended, and a week before my period I started feeling weird for no apparent reason. On Easter i spotted, and thought i was getting it. it was gone for 2 days, then i had it for a week but not as heavy as i normally would. i barely had any cramps at all but had a nasty migraine for the days leading up to it and during.

My basal body temperature has been high (don't keep track of it but i know when it's high and that's how I knew i was pregnant with my youngest). And more than once while i had my period I actually told my husband that if i minus bleeding and plus nausea, I felt just as crappy as when i was pregnant the first few months.

I understand that having your period is supposed to be a surefire reason to think you're not pregnant, and while I'm happy if i am,I'm not pushing to be just yet (I was hoping to hold off till january to let my body recover more), so I don't feel like I'm making myself feel weird. don't know if that makes sense.

i've heard of people bleeding in the beginning of their pregnancy and though i've never had it i can't shake the feeling that something might be up. Any thoughts?

Note: i think i might've actually gotten my period a week early. And I've been having really vivid dreams, mainly about hubby cheating (i only have those when i'm pregnant. no clue why cuz i don't think he does or worry about it in the least). and it's really hard to wake up in the mornings or after the rare but ocassional nap. I have 2 alarms and only hear the second one for about a week now.

Mrs.L.Mita

Asked by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:07 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got my period the first month or two when I was pregnant.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• While its possible to bleed when you are pregnant, it is NOT a real menstrual period. If you were having a period you entire uterus lining would shed & there would be nothing for the baby to be attached to!
    Anonymous

• Lol anonymous sorri i didn't specifiy, but yeah i know that if i'm pregnant it wouldn't be an actual period. that's why i find it weird that it lasted a week, i barely cramped and it was lighter than usual. normally it'd last about 4 days, with 2 heavy or something. the textbook period. this wasn't like that. and if i spot it'll be the night before i get it or the morning of, not 2 days before then nothing at all.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Comment by Mrs.L.Mita (original poster) at 10:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• id make a doc apt just to make and see whats goin on
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• take frist response can be with baby
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2011