My 8-month-old has terrible diarrhea :( adult content

i think he's teething, but so far i havent seen anything. i called his doctor in the morning but i havent got in touch with her yet. will call her again in the morning. anyways what can i give him now ?? he's been pooping every hour or so. and it's like water !! also it is causing him horrible butt-rash !!!! even on his testicles!! i keep on applying destin rash cream on the affected area but it's not helping one percent. please help !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All I can suggest is pedialyte. He can dehydrate. I have to use the maximum strength desitin for mine when he gets a bad rash and I have to change him often and keep applying it whether his diaper is dirty or not.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 10:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• oh my!!my 10 month old is dealing with this too!! He has been drinking pedialyte and eating starchy foods..rice,toast,potatoes,carrots,apples, avoid oatmeal and cereals or juice bcuz those will help bowel movements.. the rash is soo hard he has it too and i've been letting him air out after diaper changes and make sure he is totally dry before putting the desitin on bcuz if not the moisture will be trapped in with the desitin and makes it even worse..just make sure he stays hydrated.. GL!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:34 AM on May. 6, 2011